[Qgis-developer] Map Navigation Shortcuts ?

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 03:33:45 EDT 2011

Hi list,

I often use web map client, such as OpenLayers. I really miss key short-cuts
in Qgis helping me to navigate on the map without changing the current tool.
I was wondering if it was feasible in Qgis to set some key + mouse
combinations to handle the map. I am thinking of a new "all-in-one" tool
which will behave this way (or another better approved by the community) :
* drag and drop --> pan the map
* SHIFT + draw rectangle -> zoom into the drawn rectangle
* CTRL + click : identify feature(s)
* ALT + draw rectangle : select feature by drawing a rectangle

I thing this tool would be very handy.

Kimaidou