[Qgis-developer] DTclassifier is released

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Wed Jul 27 06:09:39 EDT 2011

Hi all,

To follow up on our demonstration in Lisbon.

We  are happy to release our new plugin for streamlined remote sensing
data    classification    in    QGIS    [0].  Initially the plugin was
developed   to   provide   easy  to  use  tool to monitor forest cover
change, but it can be used to classify any type of targets.

Main features:
-  all-in-one, with this plugin only QGIS is needed for all steps of
classification;
-  decision trees,  the  plugin  is  using  computer  vision library OpenCV to
implement  modern  classification algorithm typically not available in
other software packages (both OS and proprietory);
-   performance,   another   nice  feature  of  OpenCV  is  that it is
very fast;
- multiple input rasters and multiple training layers;

Description, examples and sample data:
EN: http://gis-lab.info/qa/dtclassifier-eng.html
RU: http://gis-lab.info/qa/dtclassifier.html

Right now the windows binaries and source code are available.

---------
Maxim

[0] http://www.nextgis.ru/projects/dtclassifier