[Qgis-developer] Re: SDA4PP Kernel density troubleshooting

DartVader compp at seznam.cz
Wed Jul 27 16:41:10 EDT 2011

Thanks for a support, although I think it'll take me some time to cover and
understand what you're talking about. I honestly was happy, that there is an
installer that contain all needed files (and I didn't need to install all by
myself), because I have no idea, what's going on.

I had installed a R 2.10.1 (or the installer did). So, is it still needed to
install 2.11?

Because I do not understand what this means:
/dd the path to the R binaries in the Windows "path" environment variable,
install the necessary libraries (see the plugin documentation) and, under
Vista/Seven, copy the folder with the R libraries in another location./

Where can I find that path or environment? And by the way, I use Win XP
32-bit.

But, there is at least a small progress. I saved the open .gpx as shapefile,
but there was no ascii in encoding list, so I chose a UTF-8 (just to try
what will happen. And a weird thing is, that in the whole .gpx, there
weren't any non ascii letters. Weird.) and it worked. Now I am able to run
at least a Kernel density, it create an image and also an *error message*:

Raster file: C:/Documents and Settings/DartVader/Plocha/zk.tif is created.
It seems that the layer is not valid or could not be added to Qgis.
The problem can be related with gdal library or python-gdal binding.
Please check the installation of gdal libraries.
Well, it seems pretty straightforward, so am I right when I say that it's
needed to replace gdal library with a newer one?

Well, I have no intention to ruin your mood, I'm just not experienced at
all. So, I am sorry, if this whole thing annoys you.
Thanks for help in advance.