[Qgis-developer] release of 1.7

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Jun 1 03:14:22 EDT 2011

Hi Paolo,

On Wed, 01. Jun 2011 at 08:34:42 +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> I think we should either remove the "Must Fix for Release" tag, or take it seriously.
> I am downgrading some of these tickets.

Well, do we have a rule what should be a blocker?  AFAICS the tag is used
inflationary.  I think only issues that have a severe impact on QGIS as a whole
or frequently used parts should have it.

> Another approach would be to release snapshots when we feel we're ready, not
> pretending them to be "stable" versions. Many users just take us literally, and for
> them a "stable" version with tens of "blocking" issues does not speak well for the
> project.

Then lets hope the don't read this list.   I suppose most of them won't hit any
of those issues.   And some protesters probably didn't look at the "blocking"
issues either.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden