[Qgis-developer] Re: dealing with "long" primary keys / tests

Mayeul Kauffmann mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr
Tue Jun 7 07:59:33 EDT 2011

Hi,
Just a short remark , quoting one item of the "must needed list" posted
by Paolo C.  yesterday in the user list:
"automatic testing".

In agile programming, you write the tests before implementing new
features. Then you track the bugs at the source. Ideally, very few bugs
hit the beta-testers  (most remaining bugs are due to bugs in the
automated tests). The users test what they are good at: they do
usability tests only.

In the very short term, developing new features is more costly, though.
In the long term, everybody wins.

Hence I would slightly modify Paolo's list from:
- bigfixing
- bugfixing ;)
- automatic testing
- polishing
- infrastructure

into
- automatic testing
- bugfixing
- polishing
- infrastructure

(because if you test more, bugfixing becomes easier).

Just my 2 cents on things to keep in mind IMHO. Thanks all for the
wonderful work!!!
Mayeul