[Qgis-developer] Integrating OSSIM with QGIS

Peter Borissow Borissow.Peter at geoeye.com
Thu Jun 9 07:30:47 EDT 2011

Hi Marco-
    The new provider is based on ossim which at its core has relatively few dependencies (libtiff, geotiff, jpeg, openthreads, etc). Ming will push out the code next week after we shake a couple more things out. The band statistics is a real killer right now. We could really use your advice on that. It requires changes to one of the the base classes.

As for (1), I think the simplest thing to do is to have a global preference/getting to select an image provider. This would be an interim solution while we flesh out the ossim provider.

BTW, Ming figured out (5) last night - simple one liner.

In summary, we're still exploring (2) Band Statistics and (4) method for passing in definitions for image chains. Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,
Peter