[Qgis-developer] From QGIS --> QGIS Mapserver--> Openlayers and Back

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 19:44:13 EDT 2011

Hi,

Has someone implemented this already using QGIS.qgs (project),(i.e.
map style and layers, etc.) into QGIS Mapserver and Openlayers?

It seems Andreas Neumann has done QGIS Mapserver + Openlayers with
ExtJS for visualisation of data i.e pre-rendered vector layers.

Is the data for the QGIS Mapserver comes from the QGIS project (*.qgs)?

http://gis.uster.ch/webgis/

http://gis.uster.ch/webgis/production/index.shtml?map=/home/www/projekte/av/grundplan_av.qgs&format=image/png&visibleLayers=Raumplanung,Nomenklatur,Fixpunkte,Geb%C3%A4ude,Grenzen,Einzelobjekte,Bodenbedeckung,Liegenschaften%20Fl%C3%A4che,Einzelobjekte%20Unterst%C3%A4nde,Einzelobjekte%20Unterirdische%20Geb%C3%A4ude

Right now, I have ipad app (i.e. jQuery Mobile + OpenLayers)  and like
to connect to QGIS Mapserver. Any QGIS Mapserver that I can use, just
for testing?

At the moment, I want to do are:

1. Sync back my openlayers traces and drawings into remote database -
spatialite and or Postgis using WKT.
2. View vector traces  in QGIS desktop.

Noli