[Qgis-developer] From QGIS --> QGIS Mapserver--> Openlayers and Back

Mayeul Kauffmann mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr
Fri Jun 10 20:02:46 EDT 2011

Noli Sicad wrote :
> It seems Andreas Neumann has done QGIS Mapserver + Openlayers with
> ExtJS for visualisation of data i.e pre-rendered vector layers.

Hi,
I will let Andreas correct me if I'm wrong, but I think
http://gis.uster.ch is not "pre-rendered vector layers" but rendered on
the fly. The reason I believe so is that, if you try hard enough moving
street names near the page border, you'll see that the labels are
rendered on the fly.
(still, technically I guess it might be possible to pre-render part of
http://gis.uster.ch ).

Sorry for the slightly trolling message ;-) Still the distinction
matters in some cases, see this thread were I mention the same server:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.openstreetmap.devel/22768

Mayeul