[Qgis-developer] a SQL console as new feature

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 19:45:18 EDT 2011

Not really what Simon is getting at.  I guess not many people on here are
MapInfo users as well.  MapInfo's SQL allows you to query any datasource
using SQL, so you could do Select * From table1,Table2 where
table1.comecolumn > 10.

Where table2 is a shape file and table1 is a tab file.

@Simon Yes I think you "could" do it via a plugin although I'm not sure how
it would go on speed.  And stuff like this should really be built into the
program.  I'll investigate the plugin route if only as a prototype.

- Nathan