[Qgis-developer] Preparing for the release announcement - plugin manager site

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 02:05:56 EDT 2011

2011/6/13 Chris Crook <ccrook at linz.govt.nz>

> Just wondering how the new plugins repository relates to the existing user
> contributed plugins repo.
>
> Should we move plugins to the new one, and if so should we delete them from
> the existing repository, or is it fine to have two versions of the same
> plugin?

Hi,

please copy or move your plugins to the new site (we are actively working on
the development of the new site) and file a ticket on
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/qgis-django/issues if you find any issue.

Please notice that if you are not a staff or "trusted" user your plugins
will not be immediately published and a notification email will be sent to
all staff members.

Once a staff member will flag you as "trusted" you will be able to publish
your plugins.

The new site also supports:

* plugins icons
* tags classification (will be available in QGIS desktop)
* revisions (experimental  and stable)

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it