[Qgis-developer] a SQL console as new feature

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 04:01:26 EDT 2011

Simon,

I started working on a very rough (read: try to much and it will explode)
prototype in Python today, if I get something usable at some stage I will
throw it up on github .  It's not going to handle geometry stuff right away,
just basic Select {columns} from {tables} where {foo} = {bar}.  But for a
prototype it will do for now.

The abstraction layer is QgsVectorLayer and QgsFeature which means you can
just use those to classes to handle joining and comparing features for any
dataset.

Nathan