[Qgis-developer] QGIS Web Client: is the layer maximumScale supposed to work?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 14 07:37:20 EDT 2011

> Now it seems that I have some bias between the scale displayed
> by the Web Client and the scale computed by the QGIS Mapserver.
>
> Is there a way to let both have the same notion of pixel
> size?

 yeah - I saw that as well. The client uses OpenLayers to calculate the
 scale. The QGIS Webclient tries to detect the dpi (there is a
 dip-detection at the beginning of the intialization - I hope it works)
 and forwards the dpi parameter to QGIS server. I don't know the
 internals of OpenLayers and QGIS how they calculate their scales. I
 checked the print outs from QGIS server - they seem to be on scale on
 the printed paper. On screen it is always hard to verify ...

 You can open a bug report, but I can't promise that I can provide a
 solution. Of course you are also welcome to investigate!

 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)