[Qgis-developer] Preparing for the release announcement - plugin manager site

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 08:06:16 EDT 2011

2011/6/14 Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net>

> On 06/14/2011 12:06 PM, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> > 2011/6/14 Borys Jurgiel <lists at borysjurgiel.pl
> > <mailto:lists at borysjurgiel.pl>>
> >
> >     > please copy or move your plugins to the new site (we are actively
> >     working
> >     > on the development of the new site) and file a ticket on
> >     > http://hub.qgis.org/projects/qgis-django/issues if you find any
> issue.
> >
> >     Wait wait wait :) In Lisbon we've decided to use the new repository
> >     for qgis
> >     2.0 only and to not include the new repository to the installer
> >     bundled with
> >     1.7. Are we changing the plans? If so, I can publish the installer
> >     update now
> >     or later.
> >

> > Correct:  better "copy" than "move" at this stage.
> >
> > BTW, if nobody starts using the new plugin system we will never switch.
>
> Hi Alessandro,
>
> just copied verion 0.5 of my htmlimagemap-plugin into the new repo.
>
> One thing I mention:
>
> After uploading it was not shown in 'My plugins' immediatly, thought
> something went wrong and tried to upload it again. But got the message
> that there was already one ...
> Doing a hard reload in browser (shift f5) shows it now for me..

Hi Richard,

we still have a strange cache issue... I'll try to solve it (it should
already be disabled for logged in users but something is not working as
expected).

> So waiting for the judges no to approve it :-)

You are now "trusted", you should be able to upload new plugins and have
them approved automatically.

> .. while writing, it was approved Whoopie!
>

> Regards, and thanks for the hard work you did on the plugin repo!

You also helped to make this happen :)

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it