[Qgis-developer] Preparing for the release announcement - plugin manager site

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Tue Jun 14 15:40:45 EDT 2011

Hi

The repository looks good, but I couldn't upload the plugin - it failed with the message

    "File upload must be a valid QGIS Python plugin compressed archive. Cannot find valid metadata in VectorFieldRenderer/__init__.py"

I suspect that this is because my __init__.py is structured as

   from Plugin import Plugin

   def name():
       return Plugin.LongName

rather than just being specified as

   def name():
       return "VectorFieldRenderer"

Is there a document which describes how a plugin needs to be coded to be uploadable to the repository?

Also some while ago I proposed a convention of putting plugin documentation in an index.html file in the plugin directory (which is now supported by the showPluginHelp function in utils.py).  I wonder if it would be good provide access to this from the plugin repository (ie make it available for viewing if it is included in the zip file).

Also I'm wondering how to specify plugin tags?

Thanks
Chris