[Qgis-developer] QGIS vs gvSIG

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 04:21:25 EDT 2011

Hi Paolo (all) --

----- Original Message -----

[SNIP]

> I didn't like their development model: AFAICT, there is a commercial
> association of all gvsig devs; this has a strong potential for a
> monopoly.

That's precisely why a number of users and external developers,
including myself, have now forked off the gvSIG Community Edition (CE).

We are still in the process of building up the web infrastructure,
but the mailing lists are already active and you can read up on
progress in the list archives (the most active one is currently
the "community" list):

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/gvsigce/
  http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=343517

Cheers,