[Qgis-developer] Re: MeteoIO

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Tue Jun 28 02:45:08 EDT 2011

Hi Mathias

>Anyway, for now, I would propose the solar radiation code (that I would
>copy/past in place, not to depend on MeteoIO), that would bring a
>self-contained feature that I have never seen in GIS.

Sounds like the code for terrain shadowing and interpolation would be a nice
addition to the analysis library of QGIS (code under src/analysis). Currently
this library contains code for raster calculation, zonal statistics, some
vector analysis and a bit of spatial interpolation (IDW and TIN). It would be
great to have more content inside this library and especially more people
maintaining it.

Code inside the analysis library will be accessible from all the plugins (C++
and python) and if needed also from the server.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland