[Qgis-developer] Branch status for merge and release timeline proposal

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Tue Mar 1 04:16:17 EST 2011

Am Dienstag, 1. März 2011, um 08.19:14 schrieb Tim Sutton:
> Hi all especially Martin and Pirmin and those actively working on new
> features
>
> I am just wondering how things are looking in terms of merging
> branches. Is a merge of threaded rendering + 3d globe on the cards for
> 1.7 assuming we have a code freeze of around March 15? I'd like to get
> 1.7 out before the hackfest (oops QGIS Meeting) so was thinking along
> the lines of :
>
> - code freeze 15 march
> - string freeze 21 march
> - release branching 1 April (yes I know its a cool date to release the
> code on :-)
> - release announcements 7 April (or when packages are available
>
> Are there any other major features people are working on that should
> be considered for the release timeline? If the threading + globe
> branches arent ready we can hold them over till 1.8, though it would
> be nice to get them out there now to keep all the slathering fans
> happy!

Tim,
I will need a few days after the treading branch merge for adding the globe
plugin. But packaging for Windows and Mac will require some work, which isn't
planned yet. Either Jürgen does the Windows packaging (OsgEarth and
OpenSceneGraph libs) or I'll try it with his assistance. And I will support
kingchaos building the needed libs for Mac. The needed ubuntugis packages will
be up-to-date tomorrow and I will do another attempt to bring the packages
into Debian.
Pirmin

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions