[Qgis-developer] Easy postgres setup and OSM pre-processing for QGIS

Mayeul Kauffmann mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr
Sun Mar 6 16:51:38 EST 2011

Hi,
To help  the use of OSM data in QGIS:
I created a bash script to automate the installation and configuration
of postgresql, to create a database (with postgis and hstore), to
download and run osmosis, load the data into postgres and process them
for displaying them on QGIS. The first steps are optional.
The script is available at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/osm2postgresql/

The idea came from kimaidou's comment below.
It's not yet for linux beginners. It still needs some improvement but
with it I can do all the above in one command line. Ultimately I would
like to incorporate it somehow into QGIS to have a new OSM viewer. (I
discussed this with spatialite's developer but some postgres functions
are missing in sqlite.)

Mayeul