[Qgis-developer] In with the new, out with the old?

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Mon Mar 7 18:31:13 EST 2011

Dnia poniedziałek 07 marca 2011 o 23:48:46 Carson Farmer napisał(a):
> Ok, I'm getting the overwhelming feeling that people want to be able
> to 'write' to memory layers. I'll try to add this functionality.

Yupiiii!!

> However, I really don't think this should be the 'default' or
> primary/sole output type. I think what I'll probably do is simply add
> 'output options' to the current output file dialog, such that users
> can choose memory layer (this might require some work on a more
> generic vector file writer), shapefile, kml, whatever...

Yes, exactly :) Nobody says it should be the only option. But about the
default... well ;)

> So a tool to delete vector(s)/raster(s) and associated files.
> Something like a open file dialog where you can select x number of
> QGIS supported vector/raster files, and delete them all in one go?
> That would be handy...

Yes. And also a reverse possibility: to select a few layers to save and remove
everything else. Of course, for a safety, it shoud sort and filter files by a
timestamp (like clearing data in Firefox).

There are only few things in this world that I hate. One of them is saving to
another and another and another and another file :D