[Qgis-developer] In with the new, out with the old?

maaza mekuria sailmcm at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 22:28:01 EST 2011

I think overwriting an existing layer in memory is not a good practice.

 Updating existing geometry or attribute data would be great, such as when one merges two themes, and when the second theme is only contributing matching attribute. But overwriting should at least not be the default behavior.

While using Python, I always feel it is not good that it wants to create a new even if the data I am adding is a dbf file. I think that is not helpful, there should be an option to append the data (this may apply to both the geometry and attribute) or make an new one.

Thank you,

Maaza