[Qgis-developer] new plugin repo online

Václav Řehák rehakv01 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:24:54 EDT 2011

2011/3/15 Borys Jurgiel <lists at borysjurgiel.pl>:
> Actually I'm not able to focus on this task now (and still have over 200 mails
> in related topics to read), so I can't decide wheter to add the new repo to
> the installer today or leave the 1.7 with the old repo for and use the new one
> only for the 2.0.

Does it mean users should also wait with testing the repo?

I tried to start using is it to generate some feedback to you and
other developers rather than as a production tool. However, the split
between people who do the development in github, deployment and server
administration makes it quite difficult. Having some experience with
Django I thought I would help with problem I encountered but the
project has so many dependencies that I did not have time to setup my
development environment yet and I just filed a bug instead
(http://hub.qgis.org/issues/25).

However, today I found out that my plugin was removed from published
state and it was marked as featured (don't know why, it's more kind of
experiment than generally usable plugin).I don't know if it was
administrator's intention, a mistake, or bug in the site code.
Therefore it is a bit difficult for me to help with testing the site.

I'd love to see it in 1.7 but I don't feel it's ready yet.

Vaclav