[Qgis-developer] new plugin repo online

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Wed Mar 16 10:39:40 EDT 2011

Dnia środa 16 marca 2011 o 15:24:54 Václav Řehák napisał(a):
> 2011/3/15 Borys Jurgiel <lists at borysjurgiel.pl>:
> > Actually I'm not able to focus on this task now (and still have over 200
> > mails in related topics to read), so I can't decide wheter to add the
> > new repo to the installer today or leave the 1.7 with the old repo for
> > and use the new one only for the 2.0.
>
> Does it mean users should also wait with testing the repo?

Of course not! I only mean to not add this repo automatically to the 1.7 and
postpone the decision for the hackfe...eeting (where I plan to put all my time
and forces into this task).

If you add the repo manually, you know what you do and you can remove it if we
decide to put only 2.0 plugins there. But if I add it now to the "Add 3rd
party repos" list, and users around will install it, we won't have such choice
and will be forced to keep mixed plugins in the repo.

> I tried to start using is it to generate some feedback to you and
> other developers rather than as a production tool.

Actually I must admit I haven't put any labour into the new repo yet, I'm
going to join the developers in Lisbon... :(