[Qgis-developer] new plugin repo online

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:50:26 EDT 2011

2011/3/16 Václav Řehák <rehakv01 at gmail.com>

> 2011/3/15 Borys Jurgiel <lists at borysjurgiel.pl>:
> > Actually I'm not able to focus on this task now (and still have over 200
> mails
> > in related topics to read), so I can't decide wheter to add the new repo
> > the installer today or leave the 1.7 with the old repo for and use the
> new one
> > only for the 2.0.
>
> Does it mean users should also wait with testing the repo?

No, please test it and report. My account was set to not receive project's
notifications so I did not receive your ticket. Now I see it.

> I tried to start using is it to generate some feedback to you and
> other developers rather than as a production tool. However, the split
> between people who do the development in github, deployment and server
> administration makes it quite difficult. Having some experience with
> Django I thought I would help with problem I encountered but the
> project has so many dependencies that I did not have time to setup my
> development environment yet and I just filed a bug instead
> (http://hub.qgis.org/issues/25).
>
> However, today I found out that my plugin was removed from published
> state and it was marked as featured (don't know why, it's more kind of
> experiment than generally usable plugin).I don't know if it was
> administrator's intention, a mistake, or bug in the site code.
> Therefore it is a bit difficult for me to help with testing the site.

It wasn't me so I can't tell you. But, generally speaking, "featured" and
"published" are two boolean independent flags, so a plugin can be both
"featured" and not "published".

This is the intended behavior:

The public view for "featured"
    Shows only public featured stable plugins: i.e. those with "published"
flag set
    with one "stable" version and "featured" flag set

The public view for "published"
    Shows only public plugins: i.e. those with "published" flag set
    and with at least one version ("stable" or "experimental")

If you see something different, please file a ticket.

Thanks

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it