[Qgis-developer] Re: Re: CLip and reprojection on the fly

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 07:10:18 EDT 2011

> I think that requiring all layers to be on the same CRS for processing
> makes sense,
> we can live with that. Perhaps this fact should be stated in the
> documentation and
> even in the menu where the user selects reprojection on the fly (for
> example, adding
> "only for display of vector layers") and/or in all fTools menus (and/or
> fTools could actually check that
> CRS is consistent across layers and warn the user (rather than preventing
> him/her of actually performing the operation).

I think I'll opt for the warning in fTools functions, however, does this not
already happen? I'm pretty sure the dialog that pops up after the operation
has completed says something like "Warning: Non-matching CRSs detected,
results might be unexpected" or something to that effect (I don't actually
have my result computer here to check)?

Carson