[Qgis-developer] SpatiaLite very slow with QGIS 1.7

Cline, Royce L. rcline at nd.gov
Sat Mar 19 11:34:33 EDT 2011

The problem also occurs in Windows. I used the OSGEO4W installer to install QGIS 1.6 and QGIS 1.7 r15533 into a VMware virtual machine running Windows XP. I created an 80 layer project file by duplicating the 4 layers in the db3.sqlite sample database. With rendering off, QGIS 1.6 loads the project in 4.3 sec. while QGIS 1.7 takes 19 sec. QGIS 1.6 quits instantaneously while QGIS 1.7 takes 36 sec.

Royce