[Qgis-community-team] [Qgis-developer] Plugins section - organized like drupal modules?

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Mar 26 09:28:08 EDT 2011

Hi Jordan

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 6:23 AM, Jordan Preston <archjpres at yahoo.com> wrote:

> How does the QGIS community think about organizing the QGIS plugins as
> drupal organizes their modules with their community?
>
> We could even borrow the drupal framework to organize the QGIS site.  I
> would be willing to contribute some time to develop the site.
>
>   This could potentially allow:
>
>    A web-based location which is search-able through google
>    Module documentation and comments to grow
>    Better support from more community members

I am not really familiar with drupal plugin organisation, but I should
mention that we are busy overhauling the plugins web site and various other
web infrastructure elements. There will be further work taking place on this
at the hackfest. If you have specific requirements, discuss them on the
mailing list and get them added to a wiki page which can be brought to
Martin, Alessandro and Borys' attention.

Best regards

Tim

>   Thanks,
>   -J