[Qgis-developer] Two more raster bugs

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Wed Mar 30 09:20:11 EDT 2011

Hi

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>>> I think it would be good to postpone the release of 1.7, after critical
>>> bugs have been squashed. How about having a bug squashing party during the HF?
>>
>> Why this HF could not be fully dedicated to bug fixing? I know that it
>> is boring.
>
> Given that 1.7 release will be probably the last one in the 1.x series
> it deserves some more polishing. As of now in Trac there are 300+ bugs
> and ~300 requests for enhancements. With some effort we could maybe
> close up to 100 bug reports during the hackfest.
>
> That would however require us to shift the release and move the string
> freeze to a time after the hackfest (otherwise the string freeze might
> be a limiting factor in closing various tickets).

Personally I think it would be good to dedicate some or all of the
hackfest to polishing too. If we can get Juergen to tell enough funny
jokes I don't think it will be too boring :-)

I would also propose to allow gui changes during the HF so that we can
polish up the raster dialog and various other parts of the UI that
need attention.

+1 for post Lisbon release.

Regards

Tim