[Qgis-developer] Git repo available for testing

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon May 2 11:16:52 EDT 2011

If you are interested in the git migration, you can test and play
around with it here:

http://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS

You can go ahead and fork it and see if everything works ok for you.
If we encounter any major issues, we may need to trash and repopulate
it so please don't consider it production ready yet. I made detailed
notes on the migration for anyone interested here:

http://linfiniti.com/2011/05/some-notes-on-the-great-migration-qgis-svn-to-git/

If any git experts notice anything untoward with my procedures please
feel free to suggest better working practices.

I'll give it a couple of days and if nobody has any major issues, we
can start to use that as our canonical repository.

Next we will start to work on the trac -> redmine migration (and svn
commitlog -> git commitlog in redmine). If anyone has particular
expertise in these (especially the latter), please feel free to
volunteer your services.

The other directories (code examples etc under svn trunk) I will
migrate after the release has gone out.

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming and support services