[Qgis-developer] update pull request

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sat May 7 12:28:55 EDT 2011

Hi

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Mayeul Kauffmann
<mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks all for your hints. Still,  I could not find a way to make those
> changes on existing branch and on the pull request #3, so I forked again and
> added a new pull request:

Ok no need to refork, you can just do (in your local repo):

git remote add qgis-upstream git://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS.git
git fetch qgis-upstream
git branch --track release-1_7_0 origin/release-1_7_0
git checkout release-1_7_0
git pull qgis-upstream release-1_7_0
git push origin release-1_7_0

That will pull any changes from qgis repo and push them up to your
clone of it. Obviously you need to commit any fixes you made in
response to the comments and push those too. Then just issue a new
pull request and cancel the old one.

I will write up some working practice docs in CODING soon I promise :-)

Regards

Tim
> https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/pull/7
>
> In the meantime, there was a new commit in the 1_7_0 branch.
> (Yes, I know, it is "simple" to solve this but sorry, no, I'm not smart
> enough yet...).
>
> Sorry for those probably bad practices...
>
> Mayeul
>

> Le samedi 07 mai 2011 à 15:29 +0200, Sandro Santilli a écrit :
>
> On Sat, May 07, 2011 at 12:40:18PM +0200, Mayeul Kauffmann wrote:
>
>> I would have created a new personal repository forking
>> the main one and started from zero, but since it is not possible to
>> download a single branch, downloading all takes hours for me, so their
>> might be another commit in the mean time... this way I will never catch
>> up.
>
> There's no problem importing changes from upstream, git pull merges
> them in.
>
> Optionally the --rebase switch acts like if you created patches
> for your changes, updated the repository to upstream, and re-applied
> those patches.
>
> --strk;
>
>   ()   Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer
>   /\   http://strk.keybit.net/services.html

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux