[Qgis-developer] no python on fresh compile on natty FIXED

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri May 13 05:23:26 EDT 2011

On 05/10/2011 12:59 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:

> Hi py-devs,
>
> installed Ubuntu 11.04 on laptop and trying to compile qgis from svn
> (r15866).
>
> compiling (debug mode) ends ok, no errors or so, but I do not have python
> (though there is a non working menu-item 'python-console').
> Warning: Couldn't load Python support library: Cannot load library
> /home/richard/apps/qgis/trunk/debug/lib/qgispython:
> (/usr/lib/libpython2.7.so.1.0: undefined symbol: forkpty, version
> GLIBC_2.0)
>
> Any idea?

Don't know the technical details, but (thanks Tóni)
https://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/InstallationIssues pointed to:

After compilation, locate your libutil lib on Natty:
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libutil.so

Now do

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libutil.so
export LD_PRELOAD
now run Qgis

Strange thing is that the nightly builds of qgis run fine...
So apparently I miss some linking magic ???

Regards,

Richard