[Qgis-developer] Plugin Development on Windows

Federico J. Fernández federico.fernandez at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:53:34 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I'm trying to develop a plugin for QGIS on Windows 7. I'm using Visual
Studio 2010 to compile. I used the python script to generate the initial
skeleton of the plugin. I can compile it, and obtain the corresponding
dynamic link library.

The problem is that when I put it into the plugins/ directory, it is not
recognized by QGIS (I mean, it doesn't appear in the plugin list, under
"Manage Plugins").

I'm using QGIS 1.7 trunk, from OSGEO.

Do you know what could be happening that prevents the plugin from loading?

Thanks!

--
federico