[Qgis-developer] Plugin Development on Windows

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed May 18 05:04:01 EDT 2011

On 05/17/2011 10:53 PM, Federico J. Fernández wrote:
> I'm trying to develop a plugin for QGIS on Windows 7. I'm using Visual
> Studio 2010 to compile. I used the python script to generate the initial
> skeleton of the plugin. I can compile it, and obtain the corresponding
> dynamic link library.
>
> The problem is that when I put it into the plugins/ directory, it is not
> recognized by QGIS (I mean, it doesn't appear in the plugin list, under
> "Manage Plugins").
>
> I'm using QGIS 1.7 trunk, from OSGEO.
>
> Do you know what could be happening that prevents the plugin from loading?

Hi Federico,

don't now that much about the cpp plugins, but is it really a cpp plugin
you need? What are your plans with the plugin?

Because it would be easier to make it a Python plugin I think (no fuss
with compiling etc etc).

But if you really have to use cpp: try to ping somebody on IRC

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde