[Qgis-developer] a SQL console as new feature

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Wed May 25 03:41:44 EDT 2011

Simon,

I was having a look around today and it seems uDig do some like MapInfo in
regards to SQL.  uDig uses CQL (Comman Query Language) that is part of the OGC
Catalog specification <http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/cat>.  I'm
going to check out the code for uDig to see how they have done it and see if
something can be done like that in QGIS.

http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Common+Query+Language

<http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Common+Query+Language>I'll
keep you posted on progress.

- Nathan