[Qgis-developer] a SQL console as new feature

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed May 25 09:06:27 EDT 2011

On 5/25/11, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Simon,
>
> I was having a look around today and it seems uDig do some like MapInfo in
> regards to SQL.  uDig uses CQL (Comman Query Language) that is part of the
> OGC
> Catalog specification <http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/cat>.  I'm
> going to check out the code for uDig to see how they have done it and see if
> something can be done like that in QGIS.
>
> http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Common+Query+Language

Hi Nathan

in QGIS we have something similar, maybe not that advanced: look for
QgsSearchString and QgsSearchTreeNode classes. They were originally
created for advanced search in the attribute table supporting a subset
of SQL, more recently it is possible to use those classes also for
evaluation of expressions.

Martin