[Qgis-developer] DBManager plugin for QuantumGIS (GSoC 2001)

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed May 25 09:43:11 EDT 2011

Hi all

just a quick reaction from my side (sorry for being so brief):
- it is quite unfair with Guiseppe if you people start proposing how
things should be done _now_ - IMO there was plenty of time to do such
decisions before
- I think it is quite irrelevant whether the implementation is in C++
or in Python: in case the interfaces (such as QgsDataItem) are
implemented correctly there is no real difference (if the code is
shipped with QGIS).
- it has been decided in the proposal that support for saving vector
layers to a particular data providers will be implemented to get
generic vector import/export, the rest of the code is not going to be
that reusable anyway.
- the Qbrowser API is IMHO not completely finished and still might see
some changes. This might cause additional complications for Giuseppe.

So in general I would suggest proceeding with the original plan and to
try to integrate some parts into QBrowser - e.g. implement QgsDataItem
support for PostGIS and SpatiaLite, together with the paramWidget()
that might reuse a lot of work from the db manager plugin itself.

Regards
Martin