[Qgis-developer] dbf tabel edit working, csv tabel not?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat May 28 16:32:50 EDT 2011

Dev's

Running trunk on ubuntu natty.

I'm doing a simple plugin which should give an user the ability to
'georefence' records of a table by clicking in a reference map (could
not find something for this, let me know if I missed it):

1) load reference map
2) load (non spatial) table (dbf, csv, whatever)
3) activate plugin, assign x and y column
4) click in table to activate one or more records
5) click in map to fill x and y in table
6) show temporary marker there
7) save data / table

More or less everything is working now when working with dbf's or
spatial tables.

But failing when working with csv tables.

Getting a dialog with:

Could not commit changes to layer xyz
Errors: ERROR: 1 attribute value change(s) not applied.

Can somebody confirm this?
Is there a reason for this not to work?
(I can think of something... don't know if the qt-table component aware
is of information like text and column delimiters..)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde