[Qgis-developer] release of 1.7

jr.morreale at enoreth.net jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Tue May 31 03:52:17 EDT 2011

 On Tue, 31 May 2011 09:30:25 +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> Am I the only one to feel uncomfortable releasing 1.7 with 60 bugs
> classified as blocking?
> https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/report/16
> IMVHO we should examine them, and either reclassify them or solve
> them
> before release. My feeling is that 1.7 at this stage has
> significantly more
> issues than most previous versions, and could be disappointing for
> many of
> our users.
> I hope to be wrong, of course.
> All the best.

 I share your concern but no one has actually the time or manpower to
 solve these bugs, and to be honest I don't think that postponing the
 release any longer will improve the situation. This release has enough
 good points to compensate, I hope all this shiny stuff will blind the
 users enough so they don't see the little problems.

 If corporate users want a bug-free release, they'll have to invest in
 maintaining it. Some institutes I know are already lurking on this list
 and I hope they will be able to push this kind of effort trough their
 hierarchy, I'll also looking forward a big announcement in the coming
 week.

 So +1 for release