[Qgis-developer] Re: 1.7 release

Andrew Chapman andrew.chapman at donkagen.co.uk
Tue May 31 05:04:31 EDT 2011

+1 for release as a beta.

I share Paolo's unease about a full release with 60 major bugs. It takes
much more effort to build a good reputation than to loose one.

In the documentation, we are quick to highlight new tools and enhancements,
but how about adding something on Known Issues and Workarounds? Not nearly
as good as a fix, but better than nothing.

It is also ok asking for sponsorship to fix bugs, but most people have no
way of knowing what sort of sums would make a difference. Or is it a case of
"if you need to ask the price, you can't afford it?"

Andrew Chapman