[Qgis-developer] release of 1.7

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 04:41:21 EDT 2011

>I share your concern but no one has actually the time or manpower to
> solve these bugs, and to be honest I don't think that postponing the
> release any longer will improve the situation. This release has enough
> good points to compensate, I hope all this shiny stuff will blind the
> users enough so they don't see the little problems.
>
> If corporate users want a bug-free release, they'll have to invest in
> maintaining it. Some institutes I know are already lurking on this list
> and I hope they will be able to push this kind of effort trough their
> hierarchy, I'll also looking forward a big announcement in the coming
> week.
>
> So +1 for release

Perhaps the problem is uderstand what mean "release version".
If it is only a snapshot of all available to a timestamp date,
or if it mean a version that is more stable than the trunk version.

However
I would suggest to consider the choice of update the geos to the 3.3.0
version (released some day ago) before to release the qgis 1.7
To have almost the more recent and stable version of it.

regards,

--
Andrea Peri