[Qgis-developer] World file and Georeferencer

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 05:07:19 EDT 2011

Maxim,

I often need a world file including rotation, would it be possible
that the Georeferencer plugin had the option of writing a world file
for order 1 polynomial? (perhaps it is possible  for Helmert also, as
the scaling could be done by modifying the resolution?).

Also, what do you understand by Linear? As far as understand, Helmert
and order 1 polynomial are linear also.

I've tried with option Linear, but the transformation does not include
rotation. I do not know if this is intentional (i.e., a narrower
definition of linear) or perhaps a bug (rotation parameter is not
correctly saved to the world file). In other words, the image is not
rotated if I select Linear (both with and without world file) but
it's rotated if I select order 1 polynomial (but what I need is the
world file).

Note world files are ready for rotation parameters:
http://www.omg.unb.ca/~jonnyb/processing/geotiff_tifw_format.html
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//009t00000028000000

Also, could the pluging output the parameters of the transformations
(linear or not)?

Thanks!

Agus