[Qgis-developer] Standalone application in Ubuntu

Francisco Palm francisco.palm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 07:53:44 EDT 2011

Hi everybody,

I'm starting to develop a python qgis standalone application in Ubuntu
based on ubuntu-gis-unstable ppa repository.

My QGIS works fine.

I have read pygis cookbook http://www.qgis.org/pyqgis-cookbook and
http://desktopgisbook.com/Creating_a_Standalone_GIS_Application_1 post

But I have problems with (I believe) qgis path setting, I've been
trying several patterns"/usr", "/usr/bin", "/usr/lib",
"/usr/lib/qgis"..., with and without trailing "/"

But in any case I obtain...

>>> vlayer = QgsVectorLayer("/home/mugen/Dropbox/Proyectos/CIGIR/mapas/Amenaza.shp","Amenaza","ogr")
Failed to load

I think that given that in Ubuntu qgis is splitted in several folders
it is necessary make several independent path settings.

Anybody coud give some advice about this?

Which paths are necessary?, how I could make this "custom" settings?,
which specific resources my application have to find?

I've working on an risk assesment application, and a Facility-location
plugin/application

Thanks a lot.
F. Palm

--
fpalm at mapologo.org.ve
francisco.palm at gmail.com

cel: +58 +424 7228252
tel: +58 +274 6352001

----
Debemos ser libres, no para hacer lo que nos plazca, sino libres para
comprender muy profundamente nuestros propios instintos e impulsos. K