Fwd: [Qgis-developer] Plugins trac

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Nov 4 04:59:30 EDT 2011

Il 04/11/2011 09:52, Alessandro Pasotti ha scritto:

> I believe we cannot force plugin authors to use the "central hub" tracker, but we can
> build an automatic system so that every plugin will have a tracker instance either on
> the central hub or a "private" one.

Exactly: nobody should be forced to use the central hub, but IMHO if they choose to
use it, then they should use the full infrastructure, for consistency.
Too much flexibility causes too much confusion, and with hundreds of plugin, this
will quickly become a nightmare.
Please remember: we even had developer rewriting a plugin because they did not
realize there was already one available for the same task.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu