[Qgis-developer] Approximate reprojection for vectors

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 06:26:22 EST 2011

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
> In my case, with Shapefile, QgsOgrProvider::getNextFeature is taking
> over 50% and most of it is strcasecmp in GDAL (probably because of
> unnecessary calls from QGIS (for Frank, if you are reading this)). I
> believe that it can be optimised, I'll look at it.

The brutal 50% / strcasecmp was fixed by Martin Dobias here:

https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/commit/625ff111e1fb6c723db93017bb7bd5bd2c13ccc0
https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/commit/8e2e654c448d7f035697a1351af88c847797b99b

After that fix, pj_transform jumped up to 25% (21 MB line shp epsg
4326 -> 102067, qgis mapserver), which is significant IMO and it seems
to be the only part which could be optimized with big potential gain.

Radim