[Qgis-developer] Plugin metadata in a text file

Gary Sherman gsherman at geoapt.com
Thu Nov 10 14:32:10 EST 2011

On Nov 9, 2011, at 10:05 AM, Martin Dobias wrote:

> Hi all
>
> just want to let you know about a recent addition in master branch: I
> have introduced the possibility to put plugin's metadata to a text
> file (metadata.txt).

I've updated the PluginBuilder plugin to generate a metadata file. At present it contains:

----------------------
# This file contains metadata for your plugin. Beginning
# with version 1.8 this is the preferred way to supply information about a
# plugin. The current method of embedding metadata in __init__.py will
# be supported until version 2.0

# This file should be included when you package your plugin.

[general]
name=Metadata Test
description=test of metadata generation
version=0.1
qgisMinimumVersion=1.0
class_name=MetadataTest
author=GeoApt LLC
email_address=gsherman at geoapt dot com
-----------------------

If you have thoughts about other items the PluginBuilder can or should capture let me know.

-gary

Gary Sherman
GeoApt LLC
  http://geoapt.com