[Qgis-developer] Plugin metadata in a text file

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 15:09:52 EST 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Gary Sherman <gsherman at geoapt.com> wrote:

> [general]
> name=Metadata Test
> description=test of metadata generation
> version=0.1
> qgisMinimumVersion=1.0
> class_name=MetadataTest
> author=GeoApt LLC
> email_address=gsherman at geoapt dot com
> -----------------------
>
> If you have thoughts about other items the PluginBuilder can or should capture let me know.

Hi Gary

what is exactly the purpose of "class_name" metadata?

I would suggest to add a link to plugin's home page and/or plugin's bug tracker.

Regarding the author, we may use the following scheme:

[author]
name=James Bond
email=james at secretagents.gov.uk

Further author keys may be used in future:
url=http://www.secretagents.gov.uk/~james/
twitter=james007
osgeo_id=james007

Regards