[Qgis-developer] New plugin repo now a default in QGIS master

Giuseppe Sucameli sucameli at faunalia.it
Sat Nov 12 11:30:59 EST 2011

Hi all,
looking at IRC seems there's some confusion about which is the
right site to upload a plugin to the new repo.

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> we have added the new repo as a default in QGIS so that
> users can start to use it and stress test it before 2.0 gets released.

The Quantum GIS Plugin Repository (plugins.qgis.org) [1] is the
web site to share your plugins.
You can upload a new plugin or just see the state of the previous
uploaded ones, which versions, if it was approved, and so on.

The other site [2] is instead the QGis Plugins Issue tracking system.
Creating a trac instance once uploaded a new plugin on the QGis
Plugin Repository site is optional, but it gives users a place to report
problems that occur using a plugin.

I hope this helps.
Regards.

[1] http://plugins.qgis.org
[2] http://hub.qgis.org/projects/qgis-user-plugins

> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> --
> Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)

>  * QGIS programming and support services
>  * Mapserver and PostGIS based hosting plans
>  * FOSS Consulting Services
> Skype: timlinux

Giuseppe Sucameli