[Qgis-developer] More git troubles ...

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Nov 15 05:25:14 EST 2011

>>  Not a very nice solution, but at least it works ...
>
> Just a side note: I wonder why it is so difficult to access
> non-standard ports and services related to work activities.
>
> Even if they are blocked by default, it should be easy to unblock
> them,
> once the motivation is clear...

 well - basically the only ports I have open are port 80 and 443. In
 addition, our proxy is filtering/censoring certain websites (f.e. Paul
 Ramsey's blog, for some reason is classified as evil and censored). If
 an SSL-certificate is invalid, then the server is completely blocked.
 SSL certificates are a bit expensive and cumbersome to install/maintain.
 For that reason, some OS projects have invalid SSL certificates, which
 means I cannot access them.

 Theoretically rules could be changed, but it would take weeks/months to
 process and would require voting by the responsible persons. So
 basically it means I have to live with the current situation (proxy and
 ports 80/443). I have one option of opening ssh connections on port 443
 to a server in the outside world. This allows to tunnel other ports, but
 it is often a pain to set up ...

 Unfortunately, in our government environment, security is the top
 requirement and functionality comes second ... I don't know why.

 Andreas

 --
 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A