[Qgis-developer] Python: how to find all children of a group?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:18:15 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> With Google I came across your project's code already.
>
> In my opinion it should be possible to easily get a layer and group ref by
> id and from there traverse to parent/child/siblings - just like in a webpage
> DOM.

Hi Andreas

yes the current legend interface is kind of quick and dirty solution.

My hope is that in 2.0 the legend will be based on model/view
architecture, being more modular and reusable - therefore it will be
possible to access the items (groups/layers) directly without having
to use intermediate classes like the legend interface.

Regards
Martin