[Qgis-developer] Why is scrolling in the attribute table so slow?

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 06:29:30 EST 2011

Hi,

> > The same table in pgAdmin scrolls very fast (like in Excel or
> > Openoffice), in QGIS, the refresh rate while scrolling vertically is
> > approx. once per second, when scrolling horizontally I get an update
> > every 2 seconds? Too slow for my taste and my users.
>
> Odd, anything else special about the table?  I just picked a parcel layer with
> ~300k rows (but just 7 columns) from PostgreSQL and I don't see that problem.

when copying/pasting rows from the table of attributes to another
program (ex: calc) the column with the geometry is also included (it
would be good an option to avoid that).

This seems to me (but I can be very well wrong) this is the cause of the
very slow scrolling and selecting in the table of attributes: if the
geometry are complex, even with a few rows (regardless if it is postgis
or else) it becomes painfully slow.

Cheers

-- Giovanni --