[Qgis-developer] Eliminate Sliver Polygons

bernhard.stroebl at jena.de bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Tue Nov 29 03:31:21 EST 2011

Dear Marco and Andreas,

thank you for your quick responses.

@Marco: Unfortunately I am not at all familiar with C++ and this project
maybe too heavy to learn it :-) I was thinking of a python thing
although I would assume that performance would be better in C++ (apart
from what you mentioned)

@Anreas: Yes the problem arises when topologically dirty datasets are
imported. I already use GRASS to identify gaps and overlaps but v.clean
offers only removal based on the area of the sliver polygon thus forcing
me to analyze my dataset (area distribution) beforehand whereas I am
aiming at a logical distinction of slivers enabling me to distinguish
between data to keep and noise to eliminate regardless of the area.

Bernhard